Tuition Fee: $1750 USD
Application Fee: $ 50 USD
Included in Tuition Fee:
- Lectures and guided tours
- Cost of tickets to museums and monuments
- Cost of transportation during the organized visits
Not Included in the Tuition Fee:
- Transportation to Greece
- Transportation to and from airport
- Transportation in Athens that is not part of the organized group visits
- Required health insurance (see below)
- Accommodations (see below)
Health Insurance – Travel health insurance is required and will be provided by us through Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI). The cost varies according to the age of the applicant and is not included in the tuition fee. See policy
CISI Insurance rates: Up to 25 years/$34; 26-30/$55; 31-40/$84; 41-50/$107; 51-60/$201; 61+/$297
- The accommodations offered by the program are listed below. In previous years we have had excellent service from the Attalos Hotel. However, we are not a travel agency and offer the service of booking your accommodations with a 15% commission to cover our administrative costs.
- Participants have the option of finding accommodations on their own. Participants must be aware that there will be a very limited tolerance for people showing up late to group activities and that we will provide no assistance with your accommodations if you do it on your own.
- The accommodations offered by IIRPS are located within a central area of Athens and are within close walking distance so participants can assemble easily.
- Accommodation prices include: sleeping 13 nights, breakfast and wireless service within the hotel.
- Accommodation fees do not include telephone calls from hotel or minibar usage or any other food or beverages besides the regular breakfast offered by hotel.
- All accommodations are listed in US dollars we use the average exchange for the last 12 months ( Oct 2014 – Oct 2015). Should there be a substantial currency variation in the exchange rates we may adjust for the cost of the hotels.
- Hotel reservations are made after last payment is made (due May 15, 2017)
Cost per person in US $ (13 nights – Saturday, June 25 thru Thursday, July 07, 2016)
|ATTALOS (2 stars)||
* triple rooms are available only to persons who are traveling with a group of three
Note: Prices may vary according to the currency conversion rate of the Euro to the US Dollar at time of booking.
- If the program is cancelled your deposit ($450) and application fee($50) will be refunded in its entirety.
- Applicants withdrawing up to May 1st will be refunded their deposit ($450) but not their application fee ($50).
- Applicants withdrawing after May 1, 2017, will not be refunded their deposit ($450) nor the application fee ($50). However, applicants may apply those payment as credit towards another IIRPS program.
- The program will not be held unless there are at least 10 participants.
- Applicants should not commit to any travel plans until the program is confirmed on May 1, 2017.
- We do not book your accommodations until you have made full payment of all your fees.
- The program will require considerable amounts of walking and climbing stairs. Visits may last up to 4 Hours. Persons with difficulty walking should consider carefully before joining this program.
- Participants in wheel chairs may find some parts of the sites visited not accessible.
- Participants with substantial physical disabilities must consult IIRPS to check if participation to program is practical.
|May 1, 2017||Application deadline|
|May 1, 2017||Last day to withdraw without losing deposit|
|May 1, 2017||Program is confirmed or Cancelled|
|May 15, 2017||Deadline to complete all payments|
|June 24, 2017||Arrival day (check-in) Athens, orientation and reception|
|June 25, 2017||First day of Academic Tour|
|July 6, 2017||Last day of Academic Tour|
|July 7, 2017||Departure day (check-out)|